Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dr. Donohue: You need to clear the colon

Dear Dr. Donohue: I am 80 and always thought I just have a gut. Discovering that we have both a large intestine called the colon and small intestine. My question is: I know how to clean my colon, but how do I clean the small intestine? The large intestine sends the material to the small intestine. I thought the opposite. I know that good health begins with the intestines clean. - K.B.
Dr. Donohue: We have a digestive tract. The first part of the apparatus is the small intestine. It is called small, but it is very long, more than 20 feet. The small intestine receives food from the stomach. This is where nutrients are digested and absorbed. The small intestine joins the colon (large intestine), which is over about 5 meters. In the colon, water is absorbed by the watery stools, and becomes a solid residue. Existing or the small intestine and colon. Nature does that for us, despite stern warnings against it.
Dear Dr. Donohue: Some time ago you wrote about the antibiotic erythromycin and its side effects. My husband went through an eye operation, and their instructions are to use this drug as an ointment. Please tell us about this antibiotic. - D.P. Dr. Donohue: Erythromycin has been used since the 1950s. He had a remarkable record of success in treating many bacterial infections. It has few side effects. It can cause skin rashes, heart rhythm disturbances of liver dysfunction and deafness. These events are extremely rare. Erythromycin orally can cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Erythromycin ointment is almost never these side effects. Eye irritation is possible but not common.

No comments:

Post a Comment